What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable treatments that diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. As we age, our faces naturally lose subcutaneous fat. This means that facial muscles must work closer to the skin’s surface, so smile lines and crow’s feet become more prominent. Luckily, the Juvéderm and Restylane family of fillers can help. Juvéderm and Restylane are made up of formulas containing hyaluronic acid (HA). Hyaluronic acid is a critical component responsible for youthful looking skin. Juvéderm and Restylane work instantly to fill in areas on the face where volume has been lost.
Which products are in the Juvéderm family of fillers?
FDA-approved Juvéderm is a “next generation” dermal filler injectable gel that offers a naturally voluminous look with long-lasting results. With the highest concentration of hyaluronic acid (HA) on the market currently, the smooth gel formulations flow easily under the skin and can reduce the appearance of facial folds and wrinkles by restoring lost volume in facial tissue. There are several Juvéderm products on the market, each designed to treat moderate to severe wrinkles that vary in depth:
- Juvéderm Volbella XC – is a unique filler because of its’ VYCROSS™ technology, an innovative combination of low and high molecular weight hyaluronic acid (HA). HA is a natural, hydrating substance found in your skin. Volbella provides fullness to the lips and is long-lasting.*
- Juvéderm Voluma XC – adds volume to correct age-related volume loss in the cheeks to help create a more youthful appearance.*
- Juvéderm Vollure XC – smooths moderate to severe parentheses lines and wrinkles around your nose and mouth.* Its effectiveness has been proven time and time again, delivering real results that last up to 1 year.*
- Juvéderm Ultra XC – this homogeneous (smooth) gel integrates naturally into the skin and is hydrophilic (meaning it pulls water in). It swells slightly after injection but is helpful around the mouth or in the temple.
- Juvéderm Ultra Plus XC – this highly concentrated hyaluronic acid filler is more concentrated than Ultra but can be used in the same area for more severe volume loss.
Which products are in the Restylane family of fillers?
- Restylane – combats common signs of aging by adding fullness and volume for moderate to severe wrinkles and folds on the face, including smile lines and nasolabial folds.* It can also be used to add fullness, definition and symmetry to the lips.*
- Restylane Defyne – smooths deeper folds and wrinkles in the skin, including nasolabial folds.* Formulated with cross-linked molecules, this gel contains tightly woven particles that help support your skin for enhanced wrinkle correction.*
- Restylane Refyne – offers subtle enhancements for wrinkles and lines around the mouth.* Refyne is formulated with the similar cross-linking technology, but with particles that are cross-linked in a looser way to give you even more flexibility and natural-looking outcomes.*
- Restylane Silk – specifically formulated for the lips and the area around the lips. Silk enhances lip volume, shape, and symmetry.* This formulation also smooths the vertical lines around the lips.*
- Restylane Lyft – helps lift and define the mid-face, correcting volume loss and enhancing contours.* In addition to being a great choice for improving signs of aging in the cheeks, Lyft can also be used to treat facial wrinkles and folds.*
During your one-on-one consultation at InBloom Health, we will determine which target areas to treat, learn about your medical history, and then develop a treatment plan with product recommendations that are personalized to your unique needs.
When will I see results?
Juvéderm and Restylane products are suitable for all skin types. Since the most prevalent ingredient is hyaluronic acid, a component that is naturally found within your body, Juvéderm and Restylane are safe and effective dermal filler products when administered by a qualified physician. For many patients, dermal fillers can last for up to 12 months, with certain products delivering real results for up to 18 months.* However, each patient is unique, and results may vary.
Am I a good candidate?
There are many different types of dermal fillers on the market, but not to worry, our highly trained providers will help you choose which product is right for you. Dermal fillers can be used to plump thin lips, enhance shallow contours, soften facial creases and wrinkles, and even improve the appearance of recessed scars.* If any of these concerns sound like you, dermal fillers may be the perfect treatment.
Before & after results
Book your consultation in Londonderry, New Hampshire
Add volume to your cheeks, lips, or temples with an effective treatment plan at InBloom Health. From our location in Londonderry, New Hampshire, we prioritize the health and beauty of our patients. A custom treatment plan will allow you to look your best and feel more confident. Give us a call at (603) 818-8777 or book your consultation online today.